Magic in the Middle

October 25, 2009

Lately I have been giving much attention to magic. One form of this is a question I am living about what is underneath methods for engagement and participation. At Flow Game training, one of the questions asked was "How to feed the magic in the middle?" I appreciated friend, Toke Moeller's response. Toke has long been a teacher of such for me. We have become fellow students of such. Here is a bit of what he shared that felt very resonant for me:

- trust magic
- trust the space
- trust the heart of everyone

- don't control it or hold it

- don't expect magic, but be grateful when it comes

- be the jester, the student, the juggler, you

- respect form, but don't get lost in it

- we can't not sit in circle; it is who we are

- unite with the vertical

- enjoy the beauty of detachment

1 comment:

Kathy Jourdain said...

Ho to magic! To noticing it, feeding it, making it visible and helping others see magic. Thanks for bringin' it Tenneson. Kathy